Thanks for stopping by! I’m Dee, a millennial professional working for a nonprofit in NYC.
What’s my deal: Those who know me know I’m big on data, systems & learning. Employed for Good™ is an outlet for those interests, and a way to explore the ways we can do better for ourselves while doing good for our organizations.
Why I’m doing this: Because I love this sector & the people in it! But I understand that being a nonprofit professional is a lifestyle choice that comes with a host of unique challenges – technically, professionally and personally.
- Figuring out how to wear multiple hats gracefully, because your one role is actually two
- Coordinating your first event, without losing your mind
- Figuring out how to say no to your colleagues gracefully and comfortably
- Shopping for a database
- Being a nonprofit unicorn, while also being a functional, happy human
- Getting the office printer to work
Whether you’re here for the advice or the camaraderie, my goals are the same:
- For all of us to feel confident, optimistic and balanced about succeeding in our jobs and personal lives.
- For our nonprofits to thrive, specifically when it comes to data, systems and outreach/engagement.
What I do for work: I’m a Salesforce Admin, email list & report builde. But I also handle some forward-facing duties, because #multiplehats.
What I do for fun: If I’m not at work, then I’m hanging out with my mom, taking a walk somewhere, BINGING reality television, or fawning over dogs.
Oh, I also draw. So in addition to writing about my experiences in the sector, you’ll occasionally see me cartoon about them too. NBD.
This site is a passion project, which you can read more about here. If anything you’ve seen speaks to you, I encourage you to join me by subscribing & commenting wherever feels right.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy reading!
Yours in service,
Want to get in touch? Submit the form below!