1. Explaining what it is you do to friends & family.
“So wait…you don’t make money at your job?”
2. Getting the office printer/copier to work.
Related: The 7 Stages of Printer Grief
3. Saying no and still being a team player…because you can’t actually do it all.
4. Specializing in one thing & doing it really well.
5. Finding time to practice self care.
6. Getting your staff to stick to a process. (Okay, this one’s more of a people issue).
7. Getting everyone on your board to give.
Related: Why Nonprofits Should Require Board Membersto Donate by The Balance
8. Getting people to RSVP to events by your stated deadline. Never gonna happen.
9. Getting your director to enter information in your CRM or database.
If anyone *has* managed to figure this out, then you are a literal nonprofit unicorn. Teach us your ways.
10. Breaking out of the sector. Tried twice already, can’t seem to do it.
Related: How to Organize Your Job Search